Because our focus determines our destiny and the personal reality we project, many of us are rightfully concerned about what it is we are focusing on. What is the best way to determine our focus?
“Focus is controlled by the questions we ask ourselves.”
What we focus upon most and the actions we decide to take reveal our priorities.
Even though it may be difficult, at first, with practice and through repetition we can easily manage our emotional state and create a solid emotional baseline for ourselves by what we choose to consistently focus on.
CONSISTENCY CREATES A CONVERSION AND A CONVERGENCE OF CIRCUMSTANCES, WHICH WILL SERVE AND SAVE US.
Consistency makes us predictable, dependable, and reliable. Consistency makes us easier to work with. We are more likely to experience synchronicity and serendipities when we practice being consistent.
When things seem to be spiraling out of control, and it is difficult to maintain focus, having a personalized, short, meaningful list of questions to refer to and answer can be a useful tool in bringing us back to that optimal emotional state in which we are most valuable to ourselves and others.
What are three questions that would do this for YOU?
A few examples of my most helpful questions are:
- What is the most important thing you can experience today and how will that be accomplished?
- What do you want to experience MORE of?
- Who are the most important people in your life today and how can you add the most value to their lives?
- What do you appreciate MOST about yourself, RIGHT NOW?
- What will you do today to live in the most positively-charged state possible, vibrate at the highest frequency possible, and present the best possible version of yourself to the world?
- How do I want to feel today? What exactly will that take?
- Is the content I am currently, consistently allowing into my mind going to help me consistently feel the way way I want to feel?
- What might the lesson be that I need to learn from this current circumstance or situation?
- What skills that I have recently learned can I practice during this current situation?
- What would I be doing right now if I really did love myself?
- What morning routine or rituals can I adopt that will help me present to the world the best version of myself, all day long, each and every day, for the rest of my life?
- What EXACTLY do I want? How can I create, attract, manifest, and project the circumstances and situations that will make it happen?
That which we seek we will always find, no matter what it is we are looking for.
This is true because of the RAS (Reticular Activating System.) ANYTHING we choose or to believe will be its main objective to prove true for us. Confirmation Bias is a real thing because of the RAS.
Our RAS (Reticular Activating System) ENSURES that what we are focused on consistently will eventually be the only thing we can see. Our minds have hardware installed to ensure we don’t experience total overwhelm and shut down, and to make sure we are able to more easily focus through repetition and intentionality. What a beautiful design! What a blessing and gift!
When we live our lives intentionally by taking charge of our minds, and deciding for our selves what we want to focus on and how we want to feel, something magical happens.
When we live our lives by DESIGN, and on purpose, things tend to work out in our favor.
“Life doesn’t get better by CHANCE. Life gets better by CHANGE. If we want things to change for us, WE must change. If we want things to get better for us, WE must get better.” -Jim Rohn
THE MORE WE KNOW, THE MORE WE CAN DO. THE BETTER WE KNOW, THE BETTER WE CAN DO.
Today’s challenge for myself: Today I will practice controlling what I focus on, remembering that, WHAT I DECIDE TO FOCUS ON DETERMINES HOW I FEEL, which then tends to determine how I interact with others. I will remember that my focus determines my reality, and that the quality of that which I focus on will directly correlate to the quality of the results and outcomes in my life. This will absolutely empower me to manifest and create the future I want and deserve.
If you have not yet taken the opportunity to listen to the YouTube interview on Impact Theory with Marshall Goldsmith, check it out today! He teaches about the single most important question we could ever ask: “How can I be a better ___________?”
goodinthehead is also on Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and Twitter. Follow me there, as well, for daily messages, inspiration, motivation, and reminders. Please pay it forward, and share this, and ANY message, which may empower someone you love or may care about. It is through adding value to others by sharing and spreading wisdom, that we become more valuable as individuals, and collectively, as a whole, we all become wiser.
Remember: Mindset matters. Character counts. That which we choose to consistently focus on is what EXPANDS in our lives. WE CREATE our realities.