What better way to begin creating the life we want than through the content we allow to occupy our minds all day long?
Mindset matters. Character counts. Many times in our lives we gain our mindsets from the content we allow into our brains. Our character comes directly from our mindsets and our ever-changing set of personal beliefs. Books are an excellent way to continuously change and progress! It is a lofty goal, an effective ambition, and an excellent strategy to compress decades of knowledge, experience, and research into days. Picking one book from a book list at a time, and reading a little each day, consistently and habitually, will aid us in adding a great deal of value into our lives and into the lives of those around us. Books have the potential to change our minds and souls forever.
Instilling the desire to read and having the enjoyment that comes from it starts at a young age. It is SO IMPORTANT to read to our children daily and consistently and to teach them to do it for themselves, daily and consistently. Many times, our best teaching moments come from the examples we set.
This list is compiled of books written by truly great, experienced, successful people, who have failed their ways through this life, only to come out on the other end more empowered to help us all avoid the same mistakes, failures, pit-falls, pain, and suffering that they were required to endure. Each and every book represents decades of knowledge obtained from research and life experience. An excellent strategy in life will save us decades of difficulties, hardships, and negative experiences. Excellent strategies are formulated in the mind, many times through the lessons, mistakes, and failures of others which we read about.
Good Judgement comes from experience and experience, often times, comes from bad judgement. To speed up the process, we don’t need to learn from our own bad judgement. We can learn by modeling others who are successful already! Compress decades into days by reading and researching those who already failed, learned, and succeeded.
It has been said that a stupid man never learns from his mistakes. A smart man will learn from his mistakes. A wise man will learn from the mistakes of others.
To have a truly deep and meaningful life, we must always have:
- Hunger, drive, and desire to evolve, improve, grow, and progress.
- A vision larger than our self in which we contribute in some way.
- A good strategy. Strategy without action is useless. Our strategies must be put into play through an effective, daily, consistent routine.
- Patience. Good things take time. In a world with such great capability to enjoy instant gratification, we must remember patience. Truly good things take time. It is through time and repeated, habitual action, that change occurs and is allowed to take root in our lives. The more time and repeated, habitual action, the more deep the root and the more complete and sure and permanent the change.
Books can help us with all of these things, but without actions, knowledge is dead.
Knowledge is not power. Knowledge is the possibility of power. Until we take action and put the knowledge to use, we to not earn or deserve the right to become more powerful.
It is my hope that one or all of these incredible books with inspire and motivate you to action and a more beautiful, deep, meaningful, fulfilling life.
- MINDSET by Carol Dweck
- Think and Grow Rich – Napoleon Hill
- How to Win Friends and Influence People – Dale Carnegie
- Boundaries – Henry Cloud
- Tribe of Mentors – Tim Ferriss
- High Performance Habits – Brendan Burchard
- Start With Why – Simon Sinek
- Find Your Why – Simon Sinek
- Leaders Eat Last – Simon Sinek
- Together Is Better – Simon Sinek
- Everybody Matters – Bob Chapman and Raj Sisodia
- Principles – Ray Dalio
- Money: Mastering the Game – Tony Robbins *All proceeds from this book purchase go towards feeding the hungry.
- Better Than Before – Gretchen Rubin
- Seat of the Soul – Gary Zukov
- The Rise of Superman – Steven Cotler
- The Doctor and The Soul – Victor Frankl
- Man’s Search for Happiness – Victor Frankl
- The Tao of Power – Tzu
- Letters from a Stoic – Seneca
- Man on Fire Manifesto – David Mehler
- The Happy Body – Aniela and Jerzy Gregorek
This list will get you started on a beautiful life journey. I promise you that you will want to buy MINDSET by Carol Dweck for your first book. Here is the interview I watched, by which I was first introduced to her work:
Today I will create a wish list of books I desire to have as a part of my own, personal library. I will buy the first book today and begin reading it consistently, daily.